Mare Rental Program
Policies and Conditions
Guarantees and Conditions of of this lease:
1. The lessor is the owner of the dam.
2. The lessor guarantees the registration papers and completed transfer of ownership to all foals that are eligible for registration with AQHA, APHA, or ApHC.
3. Lessor will register the foal, if eligible, and pay the fees to register the foal.
4. Lessor will care for the dam of this foal during her pregnancy and after foal is born. Lessor will provide her feed and care. Mares are vaccinated prior to foaling to aid the mare in providing good colostrum and immunities to the foal.
5. Lessor will contact buyer when the foal is born and provide information on gender and color, via phone call or text. Lessor will send monthly pictures so buyer can see foal as it grows and develops. Visits to the ranch are also available by appointment.
6. Lessor will freeze brand foal with Shoenail Ranch brand before the foal leaves the ranch.
7. Foals will be weaned at around 5 months old. Age at weaning will be determined by Lessor.
8. Buyer may have a Vet examine foal before pickup. Cost of any vet exams or tests are the responsibility of the buyer.
9. When foal is weaned, buyer is required to arrange pick up. Board will be $10 per day after foal is ready unless other arrangements have been made with seller. Buyer must pay expenses monthly if boarded. Failure to pay for lease & expenses will cancel sale. If buyer fails to pick up foal 60 days after weaning, unless other arrangements are made, the foal may be considered abandoned and the seller has the right to cancel the lease with no refunds.
10. Buyer may pick up foal personally or send a friend, relative, or hired person to transport foal. Buyer is responsible for transportation costs. Seller will assist in providing names of horse transport people or transport companies if needed. Seller will work closely with Buyer and Hauler to coordinate safe transport of foal. Pick up of foal is by appointment only.
11. Once the the first payment is made all sales are final, with no refunds.
12. It is known that the studs have Live Foal Guarantees. If the mare dies, Buyer will have the right to use the breeding service but the deal with another mare will have to be re-negotiated. In other words, Ruth will not be forced to provide another mare, she could offer a lease on other mare, but terms/price/conditions must be re-negotiated.
13. If the resulting foal dies from the day it is 7 days old or older, buyer is fully responsible. If buyer wants it, insurance can be purchased at buyers expense. Shoenail Ranch can help facilitate this if requested.
Refunds & Remedies
1. In case of stillborn foal or failure to settle mare the seller will offer the buyer the option of transferring all funds paid toward the purchase of the original foal to a different un-born foal, weanling, yearling, prospect, or horse owned by seller that is available or for sale. In this case, the buyer would have up to 24 months from the time the sale is cancelled to select another foal/horse. No refunds will be given.
3. The seller may offer, at her discretion, to rebreed the same dam to the same sire (if available), or horses of similar bloodlines to create another foal in the future for buyer, to replace foal from cancelled lease.
4. If purchase of original foal is cancelled and the buyer choses a foal/horse priced higher than original foal buyer must pay the difference in price.
5. A new purchase agreement may be required for purchase of any replacement foal/horse.
6. If buyer fails to make payments, without prior arrangements, seller will cancel sale with no refunds.
Payments for each Lease will be customized to each buyer.
A 10% deposit must be made as soon as both parties agree to make the deal.
All money for mare lease must be paid in full by the time the foal is weaned. Both parties will agree on payment plan, either monthly, bi-monthly, etc.
The Payment Plan will be scheduled through balance of pregnancy and through approximate time when foal should be 5 months old and approaching time to be picked up. Mares will not be taken off the market without a Deposit.
All additional expenses related to getting the mare in foal (Semen shipping fees and vet fees) will be paid by buyer and the money must be sent right when Ruth requests it. Buyer may provide a credit card to the Veterinarian Clinic if he prefers. Credit cards can also be provided for stallion fees and semen shipping, where permitted, if buyer prefers.
Buyer and lessor have agreed to a deposit and payments as follows:
Preferred Payment: Cash, US Bank Cashier's Checks, and US Money Orders are accepted if received and cleared before foal is picked up. Bank Wire Transfers are accepted if confirmed/completed before foal is picked up. Personal or Business Checks are NOT accepted.
Alternate Payment Methods: PayPal (friends and family), CashApp, Venmo, Apple Cash, and Zelle are accepted as payment for your convenience.
*** This contract represents the entire agreement between the parties. No other agreements or promises, verbal or implied, are included unless specifically stated in this written contract. This contract is entered into the State of Texas and will be interpreted and enforced under its laws. If any dispute should arise, then it will be governed by the laws and courts in Gray County, Texas. When both parties sign this contract, it will then become binding on both parties, subject to these terms and conditions.